- In a large pot over medium heat add the oil, garlic, ginger & onion. Season with salt & pepper. Sauté until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash & carrots. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Season with turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg & red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the chicken stock & bring to a boil. Reduce mixture to a gentle simmer, cover with lid & cook for 45 minutes.
- Using an immersible hand blender, add the coconut milk & puree the soup until smooth.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes. ladle into bowls, top with pumpkin seeds & a Happy Fish!
* To cook Blue Circle Food’s Happy Fish, simply heat oil to medium heat in a skillet. Sear until the salmon is golden brown & cooked throughout, about 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt & pepper. Serve as a “crouton” to the soup or as protein on the side.