Happy Fish Lo Mein
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Happy Fish Lo Mein pairs Pinch of Yum’s easy 15-minute lo mein recipe with Happy Fish – frozen fish-shaped bites that contain only our certified sustainable salmon, sea salt and pepper. Perfect for a busy weeknight, we love the combination of sweet and salty sauce, fresh veggies and savory noodles topped with Happy Fish to round out this meal. Feel free to use any veggies you like, but we prefer red cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms or bok choy.
Added bonus, the leftovers taste great! Don’t be afraid to store this one in your fridge for a midnight snack.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package of Happy Fish
- 4-6 ounces uncooked ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped (separate the green parts from the white)
- 2-3 cups chopped vegetables of your choosing (carrots, red cabbage, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms or bok choy)
- 1-2 tablespoons mirin (can substitute with rice vinegar)
- Shake all of the sauce ingredients together in a jar
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain and set aside
- Pan-fry the Happy Fish according to package instructions and set aside
- For the lo mein, heat the sesame oil in a large wok or skillet
- Add the green onions (white parts) and vegetables to the hot pan
- Stir fry until fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mirin or rice vinegar to loosen the browned bits up off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cooked noodles and about half of the sauce – toss around in the hot pan to combine.
- Add more sauce if needed and serve topped with remaining green onions and Happy Fish