Pan Seared Sesame Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 9
- Salad Niçoise & top the fish with a pesto or tapenade
- A good sesame ginger vinaigrette, rice or soba noodles mixed with spinach.
- A rice salad mixed with green onions & pepper
- Steamed bok choy & snow peas; finish with a light drizzle of tamari or soy sauce (As pictured)
To make a crust, press black and/or white sesame seeds into the tuna on both sides before cooking.
- Heat sauté pan until very hot
- Coat pan with a little oil
- Cook seasoned tuna for 1 ½ minutes, flip and sear on other side for about 1 minute for medium rare (recommended) or until desired doneness
- Preheat oven 400°
- Brush tuna with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 6 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness