Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Upgrade your standard breakfast sandwiches with our certified sustainable smoked salmon, arugula, avocado and some of your favorite toppings. Inspired by Molly Cleary, this hearty meal is chock-full of omega-3’s and antioxidants making this breakfast sandwich delicious and nutritious. Plus, depending on your ingredients, these sandwiches are ready in just 10 – 15 minutes!
- Blue Circle Cold Smoked Salmon
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of arugula or other green
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of wheat or whole-grain bread
- 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash avocado in small bowl with salt, pepper and juice from half the lime.
- If desired, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Crack egg and season lightly with salt and pepper. Fry or turn over easy.
- As the egg cooks, toast the bread to your preferred taste.
- Prepare any other ingredients you may want such as sliced tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese or chopped green onions.
- Assemble your sandwich by spreading avocado mash on both sides of bread and then layering with smoked salmon, greens and other toppings.
- Enjoy! And we won’t judge if you need a knife and fork 😉